EECG HAS THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONAL BELIEFS:
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Good people working together with a clear vision ensure success.
- Good strategic planning is the core of effective activities and is the foundation of quality products.
- An international network of trained educators, managers, planners, and government leaders can and will effect changes that protect and enhance the environmental quality in their countries. EECG seeks to train professionals in developing countries in the techniques they will need to help bring about behavior change. These professionals, in turn, work with the specific audiences who need to change their behavior.
- Individuals and organizations worldwide want to be part of positive efforts for environmental change but do not have the knowledge or other resources needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Individuals, businesses, and foundations will support this type of international effort with cash and in-kind contributions.
- Degradation of the environment is caused by the action—intentional or unintentional—of individuals and communities and cannot be corrected without behavior change on the part of those involved in causing the problems.
- Education that incorporates environmental communications and social marketing techniques can be an effective tool in achieving positive environmental behavior.
- Techniques to preserve and enhance biological diversity cannot be successful if the various affected audiences are not active and positive participants in the conservation process.
- People will not change their behavior unless they see the new behavior as benefiting them in some desirable way. Asking a woman to refrain from collecting firewood to cook food for her family is unrealistic unless a positive alternative is offered to the woman in exchange.
- The goal for education about the environment should be to motivate and equip individuals so that they will participate wisely and responsibly in decisions about the environment. Such education must go beyond basic environment awareness and knowledge. Also needed are extensive practice and participation that teach skills, establish positive behavior patterns, and support the empowerment necessary to stimulate future effective participation in maintaining environmental quality.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- Keeping our eye on larger goals while producing products that are practical, user friendly, and work on the ground.
- Working with people until they are comfortable with and can use the process or product.
- Placing a high value on hard work, persistence, friendship, loyalty, focus, synergy, honesty and integrity.
- Achieving other people’s dreams.
- Providing good value for the dollar spent.
- Blending conservation and economics.
- Reflecting on the satisfaction of a job well done.
- Listening carefully to our partners and clients and treating them in a respectful, friendly, and supportive manner.
- Modeling environmentally thoughtful behavior in organizational practice and procedures.